LA VEGAS, May 5, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) (“MGM Resorts” or the “Company”) today announced the release of its 2021 Social Impact and Sustainability Report and its significantly updated website. The report and website tell the story of the company’s ongoing and unwavering commitment to its environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles of embracing humanity and protecting the planet. The report and website (mgmresorts.com/ESG) also highlight the company’s strategies, programs and performance aimed at creating a more sustainable future and positively impacting the lives of employees, guests and communities.
“The past year has been a time of change and economic disruption, but with it has come heightened reflection, ultimately culminating in a renewed commitment to embracing humanity and protecting the planet,” said Bill Hornbuckle, CEO and President of MGM Resorts. “We remain committed to achieving our long-term social impact and sustainability goals and are pleased with the progress we have made towards this end in 2021.”
Highlights and achievements described in the report include:
- The completion of the MGM Resorts Mega Solar Array, the hospitality industry’s largest direct-source renewable energy project in the world.
- Continuing the fight against food insecurity with the donation of more than three million meals since 2016.
- The expansion of our Courageous Conversations program, an open forum between leaders and diverse cohorts of employees designed to identify opportunities to help MGM Resorts improve its efforts to foster diversity, equity and inclusion internally and in local communities.
- The company’s partnership with organizations such as the Nevada Blind Children’s Foundation and Junior Achievement of Greater Washingtonto provide enhanced academic programs for high school students.
- The launch of a new matching gifts program, which matches up to $10,000 employee donations to the MGM Resorts Foundation each year.
Additional features of the updated website include:
- A new section describing the company’s overall approach to ESG.
- Transparent disclosure of quantitative performance data in its three strategic pillars of promoting diversity, equity and inclusion, investing in our communities and protecting the planet.
- New 2021 disclosures in directional alignment with the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Hotel & Lodging and Casino & Gaming industry standards.
- The company’s first report in directional alignment with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures.
“In a transformative and turbulent year, we have witnessed our employees’ enduring commitment to focus and care for our customers and colleagues,” said Jyoti Chopra, Chief People, Inclusion and Sustainability Officer. “We ended the year a stronger and more resilient company, ready to continue our commitment to our customers, our employees, the planet and the communities in which we operate.”
In 2019, MGM Resorts developed a bold social impact plan called “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet”, which included concrete long-term goals to guide the company’s commitment to social impact and sustainability. The framework of these goals is based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is centered on three pillars: fostering diversity, equity and inclusion, philanthropy and community engagement, and environmental sustainability.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations offering best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meeting and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment, and a huge range of dining, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive and iconic experiences through its suite of Vegas– inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio includes 32 unique hotel and gaming destinations around the world, including some of the industry’s most recognizable resort brands. The Company’s 50/50 business, BetMGM, LLC, offers online sports betting and gaming in the United States through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion into Asia thanks to the resort opportunity integrated into Japan. Through his “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” philosophy, MGM Resorts is committed to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a greater difference in the lives of its employees, guests and the communities where it operates. For more information, visit www.mgmresorts.com. Please also contact us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and instagram.
MGM RESORT CONTACTS:
Executive Director, Internal Brand and Social Impact and Sustainability Communications
SOURCEMGM Resorts International