• Vanderbilt is set to face No. 2 Alabama on the road this weekend in their first SEC game of the season. The competition marks Vandy’s first trip to Tuscaloosa since 2011.
• Vandy is a perfect 2-0 on the road. The Commodores are just one of five FBS teams to have two road wins this season.
• First-year quarterback AJ Swann posted a stellar outing in his first career start in Northern Illinois. Swann was 18 of 28 for 255 passing yards with four touchdowns. He became the second true SEC freshman quarterback to throw at least four touchdowns in their first career start since 2002.
• Swann was named SEC Rookie of the Week for his effort against the Huskies. He became the second Vanderbilt player to earn conference freshman honors this season, joining Jayden McGowan. At the start of the year, Vandy had won Freshman of the Week honors only four times since the award was established in 2005.
• Junior wide receiver Will Shepard had a strong performance at Northern Illinois. Sheppard had 10 receptions for 172 yards – two career highs. The Mandeville, Louisiana native had two touchdowns in the game, extending his touchdown streak to five games.
• Senior running back Ray Davis had a career day against the Huskies. He rushed for 116 yards on 23 carries, both of which are highs for
his time at Vanderbilt. Davis added three catches for 38 yards to his totals, while scoring two touchdowns — one rushing and one receiving.
• The Commodores have scored on all 17 trips to the red zone this season, converting to touchdowns on 15 of those occasions. With 15 touchdowns on 17 trips, Vanderbilt ranks fifth in the FBS in touchdown conversion percentage (at least 10 red zone trips).